1. The space between your eyebrows is called a glabella.
2. The way it smells after it rains is called petrichor.
3. The plastic or metallic coating at the end of your shoelaces is called an aglet.
4. When your stomach rubles, that’s a wamble.
5. The cry of a new born baby is called a vagitus.
6. The prongs of a fork are called tines.
7. The sheen of light that you see when you close your eyes and press your hands on them is called phosphenes.
8. The tiny plastic thin placed in the middle of a pizza box is called a box tent.
9. The day after tomorrow is called overmorrow.
10. Your little toe or finger is called the minimus.
11. The wired cage that holds the cork on a bottle of champagne is called an agraffe.
12. The ‘na na na’ and ‘la la la’, which don’t really have any meaning in the lyrics of any song, are called vocables.
13. When you combine a question mark with an exclamation mark (?!), it is referred to as an interrobang.
14. The space between your nostrils is called columella nasi.
15. The armhole in clothes, where the sleeves are sewn, is called armscye.
16. Finding it difficult to get our of bed in the morning is called dysania.
17. Illegible handwriting is called griffonage.
18. The dot over an ‘i’ or a ‘j’ is called tittle.
19. That sick feeling you get after eating or drinking too much is called crapulence.
20. The metal thin used to measure your feet at the shoe store is called Brannock device.
Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!